Saturday – October 26th 2013
ATtention – Local, travelling and international surf film makers, IT’S ON!!!
We are stocked to announce that due to popular demand in the creative surf film world there are now
2 Surf Short Film Comps
So get your creative film cap on for the 2 ‘Surf Shorts’ film competitions 2013.
1. Theme: ‘BROKEN BUCKETS – BARREL FEST’
Highlighting the treasures of our local region!
You have a few glorious winter months to shoot and edit a 2-5 min short film of your best barrels (tubes, pits, slaps) of the year 2013 in our pristine local region between Brunswick Heads and Ballina, NSW Australia.
2. Theme: ‘SURF CULTURE NOW – EXPRESS WHAT IT IS FOR YOU’
A wide and open theme for anyone worldwide to get creative and enter!
Show us what Surf Culture Now means to you. It can be around surf art, music, travel, lifestyle, community, charity, family…etc. Any area that surfing reaches into globally. (English Subtitles are advisable)
5 finalist will be selected prior to the festival by an elicit team of surf film industry professionals. Last year’s ‘Surf Shorts’ comp saw legendary surf film makers Paul Witzig, Dick Hoole, Alan Rich, Johnny Abegg, and Mick Waters select and judge the winning films on the night.
Epic prizes up for grabs! Following on the success form last year there will be mentorship programs, cameras, surf equipment, and much more…
Need more details? Here we go…
- Theme: “Broken Buckets – Barrel Fest” showing the best barrels of 2013 in this region, from Brunswick Heads to Ballina, NSW, Australia
- Theme: “Surf Culture Now – Express what this means to you”. It can be around surf art, music, travel, lifestyle, community, charity, family…etc. Any area that surfing reaches into these days. (English Subtitles are advisable)
Medium: Fully edited 2-5min surf short film on HD DVD format
Entry Fee: $10 to be paid by 27th September 2013
Deadline: 27th September 2013
Post Film on: Private Vimeo or YouTube and email us details (the 5 finalists will be notified and asked to post DVD copy before 11th October 2013)
Prizes: Mentorship from renown surf film maker, camera and surf products, plus more…
Contact Us if you need more information…
Terms & Conditions
- All short films must be a minimum of 2 mins and no more than 5 minutes long
- Pre-selection and judging will also depend on deliverance on given themes
- Only fully edited films will be accepted
- BBSF must first receive private Vimeo or YouTube film details with the 5 finalists posting a DVD copy that can be played on a domestic DVD player
- Films/DVDs can not be returned to the film maker
- All entries must be in by September 27th 2013. No entrants will be accepted after this date (contact us for emergency extensions)
- Entry fee is $10 to be paid via direct deposit into BBSF account by September 27th 2013 (contact us for bank details)
- By entering your film into this comp you are allowing the BBSF to screen it without charge
- Ensure you have all necessary copyrights for music and film footage
- The judging will be done by a selected BBSF committee and be final
- The finalists will be contacted via email by October 11th, so you can attend the screening
Photo curtesy of Craig Parry Photography